If you know me, you know I love a good graphic tee. In fact, I love them so much that my dresser drawers are overflowing with them. Humorous, personalized or commemorative – you name it, I’ve got it.
Although it’s merely a simple piece of cotton, done right, a good graphic tee can be a versatile staple in any wardrobe. Here’s my take on how you can take a gray sleeveless graphic tee and dress it up or down.
The Star: The Coffee and Mascara Tank ($28)
Dress It Up Essentials
With a leather jacket (real or faux), some bangles and a knock-out heel, this simple tee goes hard on a evening out with some of your favorite gals.
- Fitted / Cropped Leather Jacket: Faux or real – whatever works for your budget! Just make sure you aren’t swimming in it.
- Distressed jeans: Your wash should be on the darker side and the style should be either cropped or skinny.
- Heels: Although they say the higher the heel the closer to God, do you boo! Wear a heel that feels comfortable or opt for a black bootie.
- Accessories: Bangles, bangles, bangles! Additionally, as fall approaches, I’d pair this with a nice burgundy red lipstick, a bun and some silver hoops. Carry a tote or a small cross-body bag to finish the look.
Dress It Down Essentials
With a pair of leggings and a wedge sneaker, this tee jumps from workout class to errands in a New York minute.
- Hoodie: Really any hoodie will do. Just make sure it has a front zipper so you can show off your tee!
- Leggings: Not only do they go with everything, they’re also so comfortable. If you like to be more daring with your look, switch out the solid black for a patterned legging.
- Sneakers: A wedge sneaker is the ultimate in cuteness and comfort. It’s also an effortless way to differentiate your “I’m going to the gym” look from your “I’m running a ton of errands and might stop off for brunch” look.
- Accessories: Don’t leave the house without your fitness tracker or watch of choice because if you’re (literally or figuratively) running around, you might as well track it! Additionally, don’t forget a pair of sunnies, lip gloss, your tote and a non-crimp hair tie.
Note: Both looks can be paired with a black tote.
Tell me — Do you wear graphic tees? Do you prefer the dressed up or dressed down look?