Hello my lovelies! Happy Earth Day and Friday! Are you shocked that I’m actually posting? While I offer no excuses, I will tell you what I’ve been up to and say that life has been OOC lately but in a good way. In the last month, I celebrated a big birthday with dear friends in Miami. I also started a new workout challenge which has me burning 5 days a week. I ran my first race and had three more visitors. Finally, work is picking up again due to a big developer’s conference we have coming up in mid-May. That said, I’ve missed you guys. (As in, I’ve drafted several posts which are half written or incomplete – hey, I tried).
Any who, it’s my favorite day of the week … but it’s a rainy one here in SF. To celebrate, I plan on doing a load of laundry, curling up on the couch and catching up on Grey’s Anatomy (which I’m totally back into this season and seriously OBSESSED). #ThisIs35
I’ll follow that up with a hike and going away celebration with friends tomorrow (not my going away, lol) and more working out on Sunday. Hope you have a fabulous weekend on deck.
Quote of the week: “Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.” — Prince (RIP you talented, sexy, iconic soul)
- So if you’ve been around for a while, you know I have a fierce love of TV, but what you may not know is that I’m also obsessed with reading. Although truth be told, I don’t always have the time. When I can sneak away, one of my guilty pleasure has been the Marc Kadella legal series by Dennis Carstens [topic(s): mystery, thriller, suspense]. I blew through all four books pretty quickly last summer and was legit sad when I ended book 4 back in the fall. So imagine how happy I was my friend Amazon notified me that Dennis Carstens released Book 5, Personal Justice, which I didn’t even know was coming. I can’t wait to download that bad boy to the Kindle and get cracking. Once I start, I’m sure I won’t be able to put it down.
- This bit of hilarity and amazing choreographed routine to boot:
- Harriett Tubman making it to the $20 bill. Holla!
- Elizabeth Warren‘s amazing Twitter rant. (Seriously, thank you Elizabeth Warren)
The team at Reviews.com reached out to me about some research they did on dry shampoo; which as a black woman who 1) is a nerd 2) admittedly doesn’t wash her hair every day and 3) uses dry shampoo to keep my hair fresh, I loved. After reviewing this research and trying out this one and this one (chosen based on my hair type), I finally decided I preferred the latter, which not only smells great but also offers an option for dark hair. Happy to have this deliciousness in my beauty arsenal. Thanks, Reviews.com!
- While I love catching up with the Skimm first thing in the am, I was feeling a bit uninspired by the digest. That’s when my friend Amy told me about Fortune’s The Broadsheet, which dishes on “the world’s most powerful women.” A digest focused on women? Sounds like a good addition for my arsenal to me! Who run the world?
- In my older age, I have become seriously lactose intolerant. (Sad). As a result, I no longer eat yogurt. I did however, discover this lovely coconut water-flavored liquid probiotic which is the bomb diggity. (Yes, I did just say that). If you want a little something to improve your digestive health, go on out to Whole Foods and get you some… I highly recommend it. (More on probiotics on WedMd)
- Cramped for space? This small apartment workout from Life in Leggings gets the job done.
Disclaimer: While this is not a sponsored post, this post contains a few affiliate links. That said, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products, services and systems that I actually use, own and/or love.
Tell me: Do you use dry shampoo? What’s your favorite Prince song?
Are we friends in the virtual real world?