Hey guys, guess what? It’s Friday. dances around apartment How was your week? Other than Tuesday morning being a big ole jerk, I had a pretty good one. For starters, my commute(s) to and from work were actually better than normal, despite Superbowl city craziness. Additionally, when I got home last night, I was greeted at the door by two big ole boxes. Inside? My nightstands. more dancing Hopefully this means I can unpack those 6 remaining boxes this weekend.
Since it’s Friday, I wanted to share the highlights of my favorite things from this week. I only have a few minutes today (million and one things on the to-do list right now) so this will be a condensed version. So grab your coffee, wine (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere) or whatever your drink of choice is and [quickly] catch-up with me. Today, I’m drinking grape kombucha because it is delicious (and I’ve already had my coffee).
Note: Given my time constraints, this isn’t my typical categorized version. It’s just a listicle of my top 5 (I love me a good list). Thanks for understanding!
Quote of the week: “Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, everyone shut up, coffee.” -unknown (Get the mug here)
- I don’t know what it is about me and following pet IG accounts lately, but this @mygingerdoodle is EFFING adorable. Check out this headstand.
- #AdnanSyed. Gahhhh! As I’ve mentioned many times before, I am a huge fan of mysteries and whodunnits which is why I dove head first into the first season of Serial. [Side note: For those who have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, Serial is a podcast by the creators of This American Life that covers one story told week by week (or in this season told bi-weekly). Season 1 covered the story of Adnan Syed who, as a teenager, was accused and convicted of the murder of his ex-girlfriend, Hae Min Lee. He’s now my age and has been sitting in prison for nearly half his life for a crime he has adamantly denied every committing.] I not only listened to the podcast but also read tons of articles, grazed through reddit blogs and listened to subsequent podcasts about the case (Undisclosed, for one) trying to understand and get to the bottom of what happened all those many years ago. And now, given new evidence shed on the case, there is a 3 day post conviction review happening RIGHT now in Baltimore. If the judge rules in favor of the defense, Adnan could get a new trial. And naturally, given my obsession with this case, I have been following along. If you’re obsessed like I am here are some amazing recaps I’ve found so far: Day 1, Day 2 Part 1, Day 2 Part 2. Additionally, Serial is doing a day by day podcast on this (linked above in Season 1), as well as Undisclosed.
- For all my people who ever had their heart broken…
- Found this article which has some simple, yet interesting, ways to remove lipstick stains for your garments. I mean, being honest, I’m more of a lighter lip gloss kind of girl (Sephora Rose Petal is my go-to jam), but on occasion I do like to spruce it up. I’ve book marked this page for the next time I accidentally get Rebel on a crisp white shirt.
- Want to begin a workout plan but don’t know where to start? Heather outlines some helpful Fitness Tips for Beginners.
And with that, I’m out! Off to tackle my long to-do list before I sit around and eat ALL the nachos for Superbowl. Enjoy your weekend lovely people.
Tell me: What are you plans for the weekend? Do you listen to podcasts? Did you listen to Serial?
Disclaimer: While this is not a sponsored post, this post contains a few affiliate links. That said, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products, services and systems that I actually use, own and/or love.
Are we friends on the Interwebs? If not, let’s connect!