It’s Friday, June 3rd, y’all. Geez. Where is the time going?
The last few weeks have been a whirlwind: big (huge!) work event, Memorial Day Weekend and then just life in general. Thankfully the work event (or my part of it) went off without a hitch. Phew! The following week was spent catching up on every other aspect of work and preparing for a chill holiday weekend. Aside from heading to Angel island for a friend’s birthday BBQ, my weekend was pretty low-key (read: I did a whole bunch of nothing). Except shop. I did a LOT of shopping. Like, a lot a lot. Eeek.
This week has been chill, too, which has been nice and today is one for the books. Sunny, clear and pretty warm (for SF standards). While I should be indulging in National Donut day, I decided I’d much rather have wine instead. I am who I am. #CantChangeMe
Tonight I have plans to hit up a Mixologi party because the one I went to last year in NYC was way too much fun (and the dude who started Mixologi is a Miami alum). Tomorrow I’m catching up with Erica, who is visiting from across the pond. Sunday, I don’t have much planned but I’ve told myself I will start packing for my trip back east (8 days and counting). I don’t know how I’ve done it, but this is the longest I have ever been aware from New Jersey. And my parents. It’s kind of nuts. I’m excited to spend time at home and in NYC catching up with everyone…and I’m already anxious because two weeks home isn’t much when you want to see and do so many things. That aside, I’m still beyond excited to touch down in the place where I always breathe a little easier.
What are you up to this weekend?
Quote: “Don’t think. It complicates things. Just feel, and if it feels like home, follow its path.” – R.M. Drake
- This. Internet = no chill #dead
- And this…
- I recently shared the X with you but I’m always in search of inspiration of new things daily things to read and check out so I was happy when I stumbled across this list of e-newletters actually worth subscribing to according to The Average Girl’s Guide.
- You know how I am with lotion/moisturizer. My new fav joint that not only makes you feel and look super smooth but also smell insanely delicious. You’re welcome.
- I admittedly don’t know the first thing about make-up. I really am bad at thinking through color schemes and figuring out what looks good (especially on skin that looks like mine). Matte, shimmery, bright, whatever. It’s all over my head. As I’ve been trying to step up my make-up game, I’ve been keeping an eye on BeautyBehold’s Instagram for her daily looks and color schemes. Definitely gives me ideas and makes me interested to get out of my comfort zone.
The songs on repeat in my playlist for the last few weeks have been:
- Low Life by Future feat. the Weeknd
- All the Way Up by Fat Joe (original and the remix feat. Jay-Z)
- Wild Things by Alessia Cara
- Summer Sixteen by Drake (helps when I’m on the treadmill)
Add them to your iTunes, Google Play, Spotify or Tidal playlist.
- Also, going to listen to these 19 New Songs That Will Help You Turn Up this Summer courtesy of Buzzfeed.
I’ve found and “re-found” so much lately.
- During my shopping spree, I stocked up on my favorite basic t-shirt in a million colors thanks to a Memorial Day sale. Are you in need of a good basic tee? If you’re interested, these beauties are still on sale at Nordstrom (cheers for the half yearly sale). Pro Tip: Check the size because you might want to size down. I’m pretty busty and usually go for a large in tees for a comfortable fit across the bust but I’m a very comfortable medium in this top.
- Also, ICYMI, my last post before this one had some fun metallic shoe finds. I’ve since purchased #1. And actually bought these in silver which weren’t even on the list. Get on it!
- I know it’s summer and all but I am no cook. So anything I can drop into a crock pot is alright with me. This week, I found these two recipes (french onion meatball – what??? and sweet and spicy chicken) which I am anxious to try.
- After seeing hashtags like #BBGCommunity, #KaylasArmy and #DeathbyKayla on the interwebs, on top of amazing before and after success stories, I finally looked into the BBG program to see what all the fuss is about. If you haven’t heard of BBG, it stands for Bikini Body guide and is a fitness program created by an Australian trainer named Kayla Itsines, which requires minimal equipment and an army of fellow BBGers for support. I downloaded the app and went through the first week’s workouts and meal plan and let me tell you: I SEE WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT. The workouts are 28 mins and super simple to follow all while being challenging and crazy efficient. I did the legs workout on a Monday and was still feeling it on Thursday. It’s legit. The only thing I don’t like about the program is the actual name. Can’t it just be better body guide? Why does everything have to be about fitting into the bikini?
Disclaimer: While this is not a sponsored post, this post may contain a few affiliate links. That said, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products, services and systems that I actually use, own and/or love.
Tell me: Did you indulge in National Donut Day? Also, what songs do I need to add to my playlist?
Are we friends in the virtual real world?